Statewide eCitation System
The Office of Court Administration (OCA) is leading a new project to develop the Texas Statewide eCitation System. The goal is to streamline the current citation process by creating a standard set of citation data elements, including standardized codes where possible, and providing better integration of traffic records between local law enforcement, the courts, and state agencies through process and automation improvements. OCA is collaborating with courts and law enforcement agencies representing Texas' 25 most populous metropolitan areas, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to identify functional requirements which will be used to develop a Request for Offer for the acquisition and implementation of the Statewide eCitation System.
The project includes:
- Class C criminal traffic citations (parking and non-parking)
- Texas Municipal and Justice Courts
- Texas state, municipal and county level law enforcement agencies
- Data interfaces to transfer citation data from local eCitation systems and local court case management systems to the statewide Citation data repository.
- Data interfaces to participating state agencies: DPS, Department of State Health Services, and TxDOT.
- Linking citation data with court disposition data.
The project excludes:
- Appeals of citations
- Non-traffic citations
- Civil citations
- Class B and above citations
The project is divided into four phases. The first phase, "Initial planning and requirements gathering" is currently in progress and is will complete September 30, 2017. Subsequent phases will focus on system procurement/development, system implementation, and ongoing operations.
Phase 1 Milestones
- Establish a Requirements team - Completed
- Work with the Requirements Team to develop a functional requirements document - Completed
- Publish Request for Information - Completed
- Publish a Request for Offer - Summer 2017
- Select a Vendor for Phase 2 - Development and Implementation - Fall 2017
If you would like more information about this project, you can email the project team at the address listed in the contact info at the bottom of the page.